2015-08-05: Release Highlights:
- Introduced allergens, which can be associated to ingredients and presnted to shipping/receiving staff when items are received. Products containing ingredients that contain allergens now have a colour-coded indicator on the product detail page.
- Redesigned the registration page to make the process more friendly and eliminate common user errors.
2015-07-27: Release Highlights:
- Added support for barcode scanners and the generation of GTIN-14 barcodes
- Added procedure types to procedures
- Added a specifciations field to packaging
2015-06-17: Release Highlights:
- Added Receiving, Production Runs, Shipping, and Recalls for Traceablity
2015-03-26: Release Highlights:
- Added a new concept Cross Contamination Points. These can be created, hazards assigned, hazard analysis undertaken, and they are included in the HACCP plan. Incidents also support cross contamination points
- Added a display filter on the master product list to allow the view to be filtered by Active, Terminated, or All. Active is the default
- Added a display filter on the contact list to allow the view to be filtered by Active, Terminated, or All. Active is the default
2015-02-15: Release Highlights:
- Added specificaitons to products and specification types in the admin section.
- Added new fields to procedures.
- Consoldiated HACCP plans for products that share common parents. The behavour of the flow diagram Form #3 and the Hazard Analysis Determination Form #8 has been changed to eliminate duplicates when many child share a common parent.
2014-12-29: Release Highlights:
- Introduced parent/child relationships between products so many children can inherit, ingredients, packaging, materials, and process flows from their parent product. Child products cannot have their own process flows but the other inherited elements can be added as needed.
2014-11-14: Release Highlights:
- Released a new authentication mechanism incorporating the latested in Oauth2.0 security and provided local user names and password options. Dropped support for Versign since they don't support the new authentication mechanism. Yahoo is now only support for Icicle users, KosherCheck users cannot use Yahoo since Yahoo doesn't support multi-domain authenciation.
2014-09-14: Release Highlights:
- Updated the FSEP Prerequisite Programs to the latest version
2014-08-15: Release Highlights:
- Released equipment with scheduled maintenance
- Released deviations and corrective actions
- Released tasks to track user activities
2014-07-22: Release Highlights:
- The inspection icon has been renamed Records to accomodate new types of records that are being added to Icicle.
- Released the ability to define logs to capture temp, flow rates, etc. New logs can be defined through Admin->Logs. Log can be view and new entries added through Records->Logs
2014-07-09: Release Highlights:
- Redesigned the front end user experience prior to logon
- Developed self-serve sign-up and credit card processing
- Added a 'Net Weight' field to products
2014-06-15: Release Highlights:
- Added a 'Reason for Change' field in Ingredient Edit so that users can make notes of the reasons for changes. These reasons are then available through in the Admin->Audit Trail interface.
2014-06-13: Release Highlights:
- Released the new Admin->Deviation Template section to enable administrators to define the corrective actions and preventative measures to be undertaken when deviations occur.
- Also released new functions that allow users to relate inspection templates and prerequisite program requirements to deviation templates. This allows inspections to be scheduled when deviation incidents occur and also allows procedures related to the associated prerequisite program elements to be automatically flagged for reassessment.
- Added a 'Reason for Change' field in Product Edit so that users can make notes of the reasons for changes. These reasons are then available through in the Admin->Audit Trail interface.
- 2014-06-02: Added search to the interface that lets consultants and 3rd party inspectors switch companies more easily.
- 2014-03-05: Added a finalize button on Inspection->Details to enable authorized users to prevent further changes to completed inspections.
- 2014-03-05: New feature that enables packages, materials, and processes to be cloned.
2013-12-31: Release Highlights:
- Completely redesigned Ingredient, Material, Process, and Package Detail pages to enable hazards to be searched, filtered, and created in order to improve workflow
- Added a new feature that enables Inspection Templates to be assigned to Prerequisite Program requirements so that inspection histories can be called up during audits to substantiate compliance.
- Over 500,000 products are now listed in the system.
- 2013-12-06: Vancouver Sun Reports: Powered by Icicle, Kosher Check Integrates Traditional Kosher and Science-Based Food Safety by Jenny Lee
- 2013-10-04: Affordable Global Food Safety Now a Reality, by Thomas R. Cutler
- 2013-10-03: Burton Software Provides Many Essential Features for Food Manufacturers to Assure Quality
- 2013-10-02: Burton Software Responds to Automation World Regarding Cloud Computing and Food Manufacturers
- 2013-10-01: Automating Food Safety Now Possible for Smaller Food Manufacturers, by Thomas R. Cutler
- 2013-09-30: Getting Undeclared Allergens Under Control with Icicle by Burton Software
- 2013-09-30: Shikha Singh Leads Burton Software Icicle Food Safety in India Region
- 2013-09-28: Respected Food Consultant Values Icicle HACCP Cloud-Based Solution
- 2013-09-27: Icicle HACCP Food Safety Software Makes Food Safer
- 2013-09-23: JR Food Consultants Recommends Icicle HACCP Solution by Burton Software
- 2013-09-23: Burton Software Announces Affordable Icicle HACCP Solutions
2013-08-14: Release Highlights:
- Added the ability to attach documents to products and ingredients
- Added support for 'white label' relationships.
- Increased the number of fields available in contacts
- Many changes and enhancements to third-party certifications and certificate generation
- Included support for custom prerequisite program types
- Added a search interface to the inspection list page
2013-07-23: Launched a new feature that allows administrators to do mass imports of data from MS Excel documents.
- 2013-07-16: Added a new quality hazard type and provided support to determine Critical Quality Points and their associated control measures
- 2013-07-07: Added the ability to assign production facilities to products on the product detail page. Added the ability to identify suppliers of packaging. Added support for multi-page kosher certificates with summary comments and comments for each product.
- 2013-06-27: Introduced a new Icicle Marketplace feature that enables users to search and create ingredients from other Icicle users' products when the product security level is set to public or authenticated-only (Make sure your products are set to 'public' if you want to advertise your products on the Icicle Marketplace. Make sure they are set to 'private' if you do not want them to be seen or a used by others). Redesigned the formula detail interface to enable search and create function for ingredients and materials. Redesigned the ingredient detail interface to enable search and create. Added the ability to clone existing materials and packaging. Enabled exports of CVS files of ingredients.
- 2013-06-14: Released a revamped process flow diagram engine for better PDF output. Enabled users with multiple accounts to switch between accounts on the fly.
- 2013-05-28: Added fax numbers to contacts and companies
- 2013-05-25: Posted new video tutorials on the help section (link at the bottom fo the footer below). Keep watching for more.
- 2013-05-23: Deployed new inspection interfaces; cleaner and more user friendly.
- 2013-05-16: Released a new version with performance improvements.
- 2013-05-03: Released a new version with stability improvements.
- 2013-04-08: Burton Software is selected as a Microsoft BizSpark startup for Icicle. Microsoft BizSpark startups are companies who are creating innovative software applications or services.
- 2013-04-07: Jonathan Rozenblit from Microsoft interviews Steven Burton, the creator of Icicle.